Senior Extrusion Technician
On the first day of employment, we offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K with employer match, paid vacation, quarterly bonus opportunity and company paid life insurance.
The Senior Extrusion Technician is responsible for the assisting with the effective operation of the Blown Film department through planning, training and technical support. Work may also cover other production areas, as workload permits.
This is a full-time position. Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. May on occasion work night shift
- Perform the daily production reporting tasks in ERP, including labor reporting
- Assist in troubleshooting process or quality upsets
- Support R&D trials and process development trials
- Work directly with scheduling to optimize production schedule for efficiency and waste
- Lead Kaizen/CI events in the department
- Monitor line performance, condition and be an integral part of the Preventive Maintenance program for the department
- Assist in managing food safety compliance
- Manage onboarding of temporary and regular new hires
- Develop training materials for all job functions within the department
- Assess gaps and develop training plans for new and existing operators.
- Certify operators on skill competency.
Competencies and Attributes
- Advanced technical skills in blown film manufacturing
- Interpersonal skills
- Written communication skills
- Analysis, judgement, and decision-making skills
- Team building skills
- Ability to develop and deliver training
- Critical thinking/troubleshooting capability
Desired Experience and Education
- High school diploma or GED
- 10 years of hands-on experience with blown film manufacturing